Please give a warm welcome to T.M. Cromer…
While I’m originally from New Jersey, I spent most of my growing up years in Flagler Beach & Palm Coast, Florida. More recently, I relocated with my husband to Illinois where I met and fell in love with my true love, Tinkerbell. My hubby has come to understand she ranks first in my affections, as I rank in hers. He’s cool with it. 🙂
Job titles I currently hold: Author, Professional Waster-of-Time, Hammock Mounting Safety Instructor, Margarita Mixologist and Spoiler of Dogs. On a serious note: Until now, “A jack of all trades and master of none” best described me. Yet, through all my career changes, my husband has been a saint. He would always encourage me to turn back to my real love, writing. I’ve always felt it is important to be true to yourself. To feed your soul.
Over the years, I’ve taken writing classes and have now decided to put what I’ve learned to good use. Sammy’s story, FINDING YOU, was my first experience with writing a full length novel. I am extremely proud of what I’ve created. It is my hope that this will be everyone’s new go-to book. That they will want to read it again and again for the emotion it evokes. CURRENT WORK IN PROGRESS: I intended my second novel to be Margie’s story, WHEN I SAW YOU AGAIN. However, my brain had other ideas and nagged me endlessly until I started THE NANNY CRISIS, due January 2016. While I don’t blog per se, I do host an Author Expo on my website tmcromer.com which showcases other writers and their works. I’m thrilled with how it’s all come together. You can find me on on various social media sites:
Q&A with T.M. Cromer:
1) Author name
2) Tell us when you decided you wanted to become an author.
There has never been a time I didn’t enjoy writing. Since the age of twentyfive, I toyed with the idea of being a professional writer. At thirty-five, I decided one day I would be a published author. It took me quite a few more years to make that dream come to fruition. 2015 became my year. I achieved my goal. Yay ME!
3) What books have you written and published?
FINDING YOU (Sammy’s Story) is available for sale in ebook and paperback format. I putting the finishing touches on my second story, THE NANNY CRISIS which is due January 2016.
4) Tell a little about your book or one of your books.
FINDING YOU is the story of love, loss, unfailing belief, and rising up against all odds to find happiness. There are many plot twists. This isn’t your run of the mill romance. At present, reviews are holding at 4.8 stars. So I can say with all confidence, you will enjoy this book. Back cover description: Samantha and Michael had the perfect relationship, until one day they didn’t. In a devastating turn of events, Michael leaves on a business trip and never returns home. It takes two years, a stay in a mental health facility, and a new career for Samantha to rebuild her life. She even has a new love interest. But when a business trip to the city where Michael disappeared brings a chance encounter, Samantha starts to question what really happened that day so long ago. Could a stranger be the key to discovering the answers she needs to find Michael? Forced to delve into the mystery of her soulmate’s disappearance or accept the new love that life has offered her, Samantha faces a difficult decision.
Links for purchase: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B011PQJONQ
5) What can we look forward to reading from you in the future?
The next three novels in the Holt Series are:
• WHEN I SAW YOU AGAIN (Margie’s Story)
• A GHOST IN THE MIST (Jamie’s Story)
• AFTER THE WRECK (Annie’s Story)
I have plans for four additional books from characters we meet in these stories.
6) Can you give some advice to those who are looking to become or are new authors?
The best advice I can offer is not be in a hurry. Listen and watch people. See how they interact. Keep a notebook and detail what you see in every day life. It will help you with character development. Also, I see so many new authors rush their product to market without taking the time to construct a diverse beta group for feedback and without taking the time for proper editing. All this is with the intent to sell hundreds if not thousands of books right out of the gate. This isn’t going to happen. No one has heard of you. Even the people who know you will want to just pat you on the head and say, “Oh, you wrote a book? How nice.” without ever buying a single copy in support of you. Trust me. Take the time in creating that first book. Make it exceptional. If you do that, people with be waiting impatiently for your next one. And if you don’t, if you just say “I’ll get them the next time,” you are fooling yourself. No one will want to pick up that second novel. You won’t be able to pay them to do so.
Things to remember: 1. Editing is key. A poorly edited book will turn off readers.
2. Have someone other than yourself edit the book. You know what it should say in your mind, not what it actually does. You will see what you created when reading, not what is in print.
3. Well developed characters with real flaws are a must. People don’t like perfect.
4. Don’t spam people with your book. Find other creative ways to market that will not turn potential fans off your product before you begin.
5. Find someone you trust to be honest to read and provide feedback for your novel before you publish. No one wants to put out a crappy product. If you have a lot of “yes men” who don’t tell you the truth except what they think you want to hear, you will never know the true quality of your work.
6. Be open enough for constructive criticism. Take everything in, work it around in your mind, and use what you will. Discard the rest. Ultimately you are the author of your story, but don’t be stubborn or set in your ways. If 9 of 10 people tell you there is a plot hole, the story probably has a plot hole in spite of what you believe.
7) Links to your social media sites and your website.
Author Website: http://tmcromer.com
T.M., thank you so much for stopping by. It was a pleasure to have you here and I look forward to reading more of your work.
Readers: Please be sure to check out books by T.M. Cromer and stop back to let us know what you think. As always, please remember to leave honest reviews for any books you read.
2,986 total views, 2 views today